To provide prompt, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable service to customers and to ensure a clean and well stocked Dairy department.
Reports to Dairy Manager.
- Assist customers with questions about products and special orders. Offer suggestions for purchase and has overall knowledge of the store.
- Report customer suggestions, comments, and complaints to department manager.
- Help customers to identify items that they want to purchase and show them locations for these items. Provide product information to customers and store staff.
- Assist customers as necessary with items that may be too heavy for them to carry or lift.
- Notify department manager of items out of stock or of low inventories.
- Ensure all displays are fully stocked, faced, and rotated to ensure freshness, and to give the feeling of abundance.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and overall appearance of the department. Keep aisles free and clear at all times.
- Ensure signage and shelf tags have accurate information and are placed with the correct product.
- Monitor state of equipment and inform Department Manager of any equipment in need of repair.
- Maintain sales floor, coolers, and all department areas, in clean, neat, and orderly condition, meeting all health department standards. This includes removal of garbage, baling cardboard, mopping department, cleaning cases, etc…
- Check in deliveries to verify piece count, and note any damaged product. Notify manager of any discrepancies or problems.
- Handle department returns, sort by vendor in dairy walk in and additionally ensure that the package is drained of all its contents.
Education/Training: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Experience serving the public.
- Basic math skills required.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Able to stand for extended amounts of time.
- Must be 18 to operate equipment.
- Willingness to work various shifts including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Willingness to work in a cold environment.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors 'instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors and store management.