Purpose: Increasing sales and encouraging customer loyalty by providing excellent customer service and product knowledge. Maintaining attractive and dynamic sales displays as well as assist department manager with overall duties.
Status: Reports to Store Manager.
1. Greet and acknowledge customers. Answer questions about product, special orders, as well as have an overall familiarity of the store.
2. Assist with beer and wine selection and make recommendations for pairings.
3. Communicate special orders to manager in a timely manner.
4. Familiarize yourself with as many wines and beers as you can. Ask department manager questions and take time to read the wine books to further educate yourself.
1. Stock wine and beer on shelves, cold cases, islands, and stacks at the register.
2. Make sure that wine needing in-store barcodes are stickered and verify for accuracy.
3. Notify POS of any product barcodes that do not scan with correct information.
4. Monitor wholesale costs and retail pricing.
5. Submit new item information such as description and price to the POS department.
1. Put out the stock on the sales floor promptly.
2. Put excess product that cannot be placed on the sales floor away in the proper place in the storage areas or warehouse.
3.Check deliveries to verify piece count and note any damaged product. Notify manager of any discrepancies or problems.
1. Keep the floor as clear as possible of work related equipment.
2. Keep personal items in provided lockers and away from public sales floor area. Examples include purses, backpacks, items intended for future purchase, and food.
3. Regularly dust and clean bottles, shelves, coolers, displays and case-stack display boxes.
4. Face products, pulling items at the back of the shelf or display forward.
5. Ensure signage and price tags are correct and in place.
6. File all signs and barcodes as soon as possible, and before the end of the day.
7. Assist with quarterly inventories.
1. Effectively manage the department employees; align daily objectives and efforts with overall company objectives.
2.Responsible for staff scheduling and employee performance evaluations. Complete and submit all related paperwork/forms to the store manager.
3. Interview potential candidates and provide training and feedback for all new hires.
1. Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work as positive team member.
3. Interest in serving the public.
4. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
5. Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work well both independently and with a team in a dynamic setting.
6. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
7. Customer service skill and experience.
1. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
2. Able to stand for 2 or more hours at a time.
3. Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
4. Must be 18 to operate equipment.
5. Able to understand written and spoken English.
6. Basic math skills required.
7. Willingness to work various shifts including evenings and weekends.