Purpose: To prepare attractive, healthy dishes for Food Service Department
Status: Reports to Cook Supervisor and Food Service Manager
- Prepares dishes following recipe specifications as assigned by cook supervisor.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date records of ingredients transferred to and from stores.
- Maintain proper storage and labeling procedures.
- Follow food safety and sanitation regulations maintaining correct temperatures cooking, cooling and storing according to CRRFFL.
- Prepare trays and dishes for catering orders as assigned.
- Prepare baked goods as assigned.
- Pull short-date items and properly record and following cull guidelines
- Maintain prep and storage areas in sanitary and orderly condition, following established procedures
- Follow safety, storage and labeling procedures
- Alert cook supervisor to low inventories or out-of-stocks of basic ingredients and supplies
- Use department equipment safely. Advise cook supervisor of equipment repair needs
- Carry out established opening and closing procedures
- Carry out established cleaning check lists
Additional Shift Lead Responsibilities
- In absence of cook supervisor cover responsibilities
- Assist in inventory counts
- Maintain department logs as assigned (temp/cull)
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Experience working in food Service, deli or restaurant
- Experience serving the public
- Ability to work as a positive member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments
- Familiarity with natural foods
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Willingness to work with meat.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Able to understand written and spoken English
- Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners.