Purpose: To keep the HABA department fully and attractively stocked, regularly inventory select vendors, provide prompt, friendly, courteous customer service and maintain a presence in the department at all times.
Status: Reports to HABA Buyer/Supervisor
- Stock displays fully without overcrowding; face items on shelves.
- Rotate older stock to front, making space for new stock or short coded items.
- Pull and record damaged products and returns following established procedures.
- Notify management of out-of-stocks and perform inventories when necessary.
- Receive and process all orders, notifying HABA Buyer/Supervisor of all discrepancies (i.e. damaged or shorted items) and recording them as set forth by HABA Buyer/Supervisor.
- Inform HABA Buyer/Supervisor of mislabeled products or missing/inaccurate shelf tags or sales signs and fill out the appropriate tag request form for the Point of Sale department.
- Monitor all bulk herbs and beauty care items. Fill or replace them as outlined by HABA Buyer/Supervisor as needed.
- Keep shelves, coolers, bulk herbs and bulk beauty care items in clean, orderly condition.
- Remove packing materials to recycling and bale all cardboard to keep the aisle free of debris.
- Get credit from suppliers where applicable for returned or low-quality product.
- Perform inventory checking and recording of select vendors as required by HABA Buyer/Supervisor. Record all completed inventories as set forth by HABA supervisor.
- Record items damaged in the aisle on a Loss Log.
- Participate in quarterly inventory.
- Assist customers with special order requests in prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
- Report customer suggestions, comments and complaints to HABA Buyer/Supervisor.
- Stock and maintain displays fully to give feeling of abundance.
- Stay in the HABA aisle at all times in order to assist customers and deter theft. Notify HABA Buyer/Supervisor or Loss Prevention Personnel when you will be absent from the aisle.
- Follow security procedures. Alert management or Loss Prevention of potential shoplifters, disorderly customers, and other emergencies.
- Assist customers with product questions, in prompt, friendly, courteous manner, referring them to other staff when necessary. Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to use products.
- Assist customers in finding and/or using reference materials and product samples.
Perform other tasks assigned by HABA Buyer/Supervisor or Management on shift.
- Attend and participate in staff product trainings and department meetings.
- Ability to project an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to work as a positive team member.
- Familiarity with natural foods and nutritional supplements.
- Communications skills- good listening, clear instructions
- Enthusiasm and motivation for learning and updating product knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.