Purpose: To perform one or more of the following duties; to assist in preparation of Food Service Department and the maintenance of a sanitary workspace to meet department goals.
Status: Reports to Food Service Manager.
- Wash dishes and utensils for kitchen, deli and café following established procedures in compliance with health department regulations.
- Clean kitchen, scrubbing and wiping all surfaces following established procedures in compliance with health department regulations.
- Cleaning projects as assigned.
- Take out kitchen trash and recycling promptly.
- Use department equipment safely. Advise Food Service Management of equipment repair needs.
- Alert Food Service Management to low supplies or out-of-stocks of basic ingredients and supplies.
- Assist Food Service staff putting away deliveries following the rules of FIFO.
- Carry out established opening & closing procedures.
- Maintain dish washing station and storage areas.
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned by Food Service Management (e.g. attend department meetings).
- Interest in cooking.
- Experience serving the public
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality, and work as a positive member of the Food Service Team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work with meat.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Must be able to perform functions with repetitive wrist and arm motion.