Purpose: To quickly and efficiently package bulk foods while maintaining adequate amounts of packaged product for replenishment all while working in a fast paced, dynamic setting.
Status: Reports to Bulk Department Manager and Supervisor.
- Package products neatly, in the appropriate container, and in proper quantity per bag.
- Inventory product on the sales floor to determine, and prioritize which products need replenishment.
- Label product, bags, and back stock with accurate description and weight.
- Store product in specified containers.
- Maintain orderly work station that is neat, clean, and hygienic for food handling at all times.
- Maintain the packing room and storage areas in a clean, safe, and organized condition at all times.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures regarding safety and health codes.
- Alert department manager to low inventories or out-of-stock items.
- Use department equipment as intended in a safe manner, reporting any equipment in need of repair.
- Assist in filling bulk special orders; should be double-checked by manager or supervisor
- Work bulk counter weigh station as needed, helping customers in the department and throughout the store.
- Assist in keeping sales floor clean, neat and organized. As well as product fully stocked and well presented.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
- Ability to handle multiple demands in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work various shifts including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
- Detail oriented with the ability to identify items accurately.
- Familiarity with a wide range of foods.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to do work of a repetitive nature.
- Able to work in areas of temperature fluctuations.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Basic math skills required.