Purpose: To receive incoming deliveries, account for all product and ensure accuracy of paperwork. As well as organize products by departments and within the warehouses.
Status: Reports to Receiving Department Manager.
- Prepare storage and delivery areas daily for incoming deliveries.
- Check deliveries to verify piece count and accuracy to the invoice, catch damage product, and unacceptable quality. Notify Manager of any discrepancies or problems.
- Unload trucks as necessary, organize, and deliver merchandise to departments.
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures, including safety and security standards for vendors and employees in the receiving area and warehouse.
- Coordinate returns, ensuring that items get back to appropriate suppliers in a timely manner.
- Maintain the warehouses and all storage areas in clean, organized, and safe condition.
- Complete opening and closing procedures for the receiving department daily.
- Use and maintain equipment as intended in a safe manner and notify department manager of any equipment in need of repair.
- Oversee the use of equipment such as balers, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Pull product and build pallets for transfers and delivery.
- Assist manager with receiving reports and transfer paperwork.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple demands and work at a fast, steady and safe pace.
- Ability to work independently as well as a positive team member.
- Able to perform basic math functions accurately.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack, and other equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs continuously.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be 18 years of age to operate equipment.
- Flexible schedule including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willing to work in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors’ instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors and store management.