Purpose: To provide prompt, friendly, knowledgeable customer service in a fast-paced meat department.
Status: Reports to Meat Department Supervisor and Manager.
- Assist customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner. Offering suggestions and ideas of how to prepare and use the products. Be able to answer questions regarding product as well as an overall familiarity with the store.
- Performs basic cutting of meat.
- Ability to operate and maintain scales, and follow procedures to ensure proper pricing.
- Maintain attractive, fully stocked displays and cases within the department.
- Package bulk seafood items for retail sale.
- Construct trays of meat.
- Must have the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and safely, including practicing safe food handling procedures.
- Accurately label and sign items by price, description, and country of origin.
- Maintains the meat department in all areas including removal of garbage, washing floors, cases, and dishes, and other items as directed.
- Follow city and county food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures.
- Follow established guidelines for use, safety, and maintenance for all department equipment including knives, grinders, and saws.
- Maintains all coolers, freezers, and storage areas in a neat, clean, sanitary, and safe condition.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
- Possession of the ability to identify basic cuts of meat is desirable.
- Familiarity with cooking techniques is desirable.
- Able to handle multiple demands in a fast paced setting.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Willingness to work with meat.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work in a cold and wet environment.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be 18 years of age to operate equipment.
- Willingness to work various shifts including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.