Purpose: To ensure a safe and secure environment at the store by administering loss prevention programs to guard against theft, vandalism, and violence; to ensure that all customers and company employees are observing safety and loss prevention policies and procedures.
Status: Reports to Loss Prevention Manager
- Store Security
- Conduct surveillance of customers, vendors, and employees to detect theft.
- Recover company’s assets as well as make apprehensions as needed.
- Inspect and monitor the premises, including parking lots, garages, and both interior and exterior of building to deter theft, vandalism, safety issues, car break-ins etc.
- Document daily activity and all incidents as well as write accurate and detailed reports for apprehensions and accidents.
- Assist store personnel at closing: clear sales floor of customers, monitor the doors, inspect employee packages, ensure that no one enters building after closing, and monitor premises for suspicious activity.
- Follows all policies and procedures such as the five step rule, when making an apprehension.
- Promotes employees awareness on theft and safety issues (ie. attend safety meetings).
- Conducts accident investigations for customers and employees.
- Conducts routine bag checks on employees.
- Conduct new hire orientations.
- Participate in monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Prior LP experience preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills required.
- Ability to make assessments and decisions in stressful situations.
- Works in a professional demeanor at all times.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work well both independently and as a team in a dynamic setting.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma, GED and or interest in law enforcement.
- Able to work varying shifts including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.