Purpose: To provide prompt, friendly, helpful well-informed service to customers and assist to help meet department goals.
Status: Reports to Cashier Department Manager.
- Separate grocery loads to appropriate aisle locations
- Fills assigned aisle locations with products from the grocery load
- Fills assigned aisle locations with product form from the overhead stock
- Maintains and clean assigned aisles daily
- Reorders all cardboard from loads in the bailing machine
- Informs necessary personnel about missing signage in assigned aisles
- Ensures sales floor is clear of all trash and cardboard prior to store opening
- Practices proper safety techniques when lifting, using box cutters and climbing ladders
- Able to locate items for customers and to help customers with special orders
- Able to build product displays, ensure proper fronting of products
- Help other departments for breaks, clean-ups, stocking etc.
- Must be able to perform all duties of a courtesy clerk
- Perform special projects assigned by the store management.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to work as positive team member.
- Interest in serving the public.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.