Purpose: To provide prompt, friendly, helpful well-informed service to customers and assist in operations of natural foods deli to help meet department goals.
Status: Reports to Deli Supervisor and Food Service Manager
- Fill customer orders in prompt, friendly, courteous manner.
- Prepare food as ordered by customers in an efficient
- Offer tastes, samples, and suggestions for purchase and ways to prepare products.
- Report customer suggestions, comments and complaints to Food Service Manager.
- Stock Food Service displays fully to give feeling of abundance.
- Ensure that all items are correctly priced and ingredients listed as appropriate.
- Operate and maintain scales.
- Assist customers with product questions and special orders.
- Be familiar with products and locations of items in the store overall in order to assist customers with questions.
- Maintain deli cases, displays, fresh food bars, soups, prep, and storage areas in clean, sanitary, and orderly condition, following established procedures.
- Pull short-date items and properly record as per cull policy.
- Clean up spills throughout the department and aisles as necessary.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation regulations maintaining correct temperatures for cooking, cooling, and storing according to CURFFL and HACCP.
- Alert Food Service Manager to low inventories or out-of-stocks of deli products and supplies.
- Use department equipment as intended and safely. Advise Food Service Manager of equipment in need of repair.
- Carry out established opening and closing procedures.
- Follow established guidelines when using knives, slicer, and all other equipment.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly inventories as needed.
- Maintain attractive displays in cases, shelves, and hot stations. Ensure all displays are fully stocked, rotated to ensure freshness and to give an appearance of abundance.
- Assist in executing promotions and specials as assigned.
- Ensure freshness by rotating, keeping batches separate by date.
- Ensure products are accurately signed with description and price. Maintain and store signage.
- Foodservice experience desirable.
- Possess desire to work with the public and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to work as positive team member in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Familiarity with natural food, nutrition and food sensitivities helpful.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be 18 years of age in order to operate equipment.
- Willingness to work with meat.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Able to understand written and spoken English
- Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.